Your OEM Bushings Suck:
Bad news: it's true. Honda intentionally makes their rubber shifter cable bushings very compliant in an effort to give the car a more tame feel. For many drivers, that's ideal. Unfortunately, this disconnects the driver from feeling the transmission during shifts, often leading to mishsifts or slow shifting in racing conditions. A less compliant plastic or metal bushing is the ideal solution, but without a spherical bearing, the bushing will cause the cables to bind and fatigue. That's why ACUITY has designed this kit with a custom acetal and aluminum spherical bushing. Also unlike most bushings on the market, ACUITY's design incorporates elastomer rings to provide the best fit possible with your calbes. Experience a solid, smooth shift that will make you fall in love with your car again.
Understanding the Science of that Perfect Shift Feel:
Years of experience have taught the engineers at ACUITY that there are many elements to a refined, responsive shift. Compliance from flimsy components in the shift linkage leave the driver feeling detached from the transmission. ACUITY combats this by replacing the OEM rubber bushings with much stiffer Acetal and 6061-T6 Aluminum. A large-diameter, custom spherical bearing minimizes long-term wear and tear while eliminating the binding that is caused by most aftermarket solid shifter cable bushings. Loose fitting components also contribute to a poor shifting feel. That's why ACUITY uses integral o-rings on the outside of each bushing to provide a perfect fit with your OEM cables. Tested on street cars, track cars, and ACUITY's unreasonably violent shifter testing machine, these bushings are designed to be robust and proven to last. Each bushing kit is laser etched with a unique serial number and includes stainless steel hardware to help prevent long-term corrosion, keeping your bushings looking great even longer. And if all of that isn't impressive enough, the bushings are over 20% lighter than their OEM counterparts, weighing in at only 48 grams (with hardware).
- O-Ring Loaded Design Wear-Compensates
- Spherical Design decreases resistance in shifts
- Solid Construction provides a stiffer feel than the OEM Rubber
- Includes all stainless steel hardware to avoid corrosion
- 2007-2011 Honda Civics with Manual Transmissions (Base and Si, DOES NOT FIT 2006 Civic)
- 2012-2015 Honda Civics with Manual Transmissions (Base and Si)
- 2014+ Honda Fit/Jazz with Manual Transmissions (GK5)
- 2015-2017 Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
- 2016+ Honda Civic Sport with Manual Transmissions
- 2017+ Honda Civic Si
- 2018+ Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
- 2018+ Honda Accord (all with Manual Transmissions)